September 11, 2006

Getting Married


David and I are getting married in December, which gives me great joy (as well as a lot of organising to do)! We have bought a modest house and look forward to setting up home there before flying off to live in Africa. Fortunately for us, the house is so modest that the rent that will come in will pay the mortgage!

God is always good in the ways He blesses us. But He likes us to surrender all our dreams and aspirations to Him first. I can tell you, it is much more rewarding when after letting go to God your dreams and aspirations, He brings greater and more fulfilled dreams and passions into your life!! He brings more than we could ever possibly hope for, achieve or imagine. And He does it after we have been humbled before Him and loving to towards others (less focused on ourselves).

Here is the photo of David proposing to me, after he flew to Sydney as a "surprise". He stayed at my parents (surprising them aswell) and had to hide behind the couch when I popped in for a few minutes unannounced. Too funny!

No comments: