March 25, 2008

What does a female minister with young children look like?


Since meeting with the Leadership at church I have been thinking through there ideas. The one that struck me most was that we may end up in pastoral ministry prior to our overseas cross-cultural ministry. I suddenly thought, "What does a female minister with a young family look like?"

If, God willing, we start a family soon, we would have small munchkins and possible be still popping them out while pastoring a church. I know there are a few around, but I haven't met or observed how a female minister with a family operates.

I am the type that all my adult life I have been observing married couples to learn about marriage, observing parents to learn about raising kids, asking missionaries a million questions to learn about life (family and ministry) overseas, and supporting ordination candidates through the process. But I have never had that opportunity with female ministers with kids (small or grown up).

I have shared this with a couple of people and there are some female friends in that very position who they recommend I grab a coffee with. Yeah!!

4 comments:

Sally said...

I have 5 children Jen, mostly grown now, you operate as with any job I guess. Children stretch and challenge you, ministry is different but wonderful....
Best advice, learn to say no! No to family pressures, and more importantly no to comgregational pressures!

Jen Waddell said...

Thanks Sally. I will keep that in mind. you never know, I may be contacting you for advice at some point!

:) Jen

逆援助 said...

セレブ達は一般の人達とは接する機会もなく、その出会う唯一の場所が「逆援助倶楽部」です。 男性はお金、女性はSEXを要求する場合が多いようです。これは女性に圧倒的な財力があるから成り立つことの出来る関係ではないでしょうか?

出会い said...

急に時間が出来ても友達はみんなカレシと一緒でかまってくれません…アタシと遊んでくれる人メール下さい☆ a.a-mai@docomo.ne.jp